Bluz Tattooz & Body Piercing will reopen again on June 15, 2020 at noon.
We've put together a new safety strategy in order to keep our wonderful clients and our employees safe. All of our employees are already trained and licensed in dealing with Blood Borne Pathogens, Sterilization and Aseptic Techniques. But now we have to step it up a notch in order to properly tackle this new Airborne Virus, CoVid-19. All of the employees at Bluz Tattooz have recently completed the WHO course on Infection Prevention and Control for CoVid-19, and the WHO course on Hand Hygiene, as directed by the state.
The following are some of the new practices we're implementing, based on guidelines from the WHO, CDC and the guidelines set forth by other states that have already reopened tattooing. Although some of these new rules will be temporary and will also be a slight inconvenience for our clients, they are for the safety of everybody involved in the tattooing or body piercing process. These new rules are MANDATORY without exception and will need to be followed in order to receive service at our location.
1. In order to follow social distancing the studio will be switching to an APPOINTMENT ONLY/LOCKED DOORS policy. This is to limit the number of people in the studio at one time. You can simply call ahead to schedule an appointment. Our lobby will remain closed for the time being.
2. Upon your arrival and before admittance to the studio you will have your temperature taken using a touch-less digital thermometer. Anybody with a temperature in excess of 100.4 degrees will be denied entry and asked to return at another time.
3. Our standard release forms will remain in place along with a new CoVid-19 health questionnaire that will need to be completed before any service can be provided. If there are any indications that you may have been recently exposed to CoVid-19 you will be denied entry and asked to return at another time.
4. Once all of the needed pre-screening paperwork is completed, you will be asked to wait outside while your artist or body piercer prepares their office for your procedure. Once they're ready to go you will be allowed to enter the studio.
5. All clients will be asked to wash their hands upon arrival.
6. All clients will have to wear a face mask during the entire procedure. If you do not have a face mask one will be provided to you at no cost.
7. Only the client will be allowed in the studio, so unfortunately your friends will not be allowed to come in to watch. The exception to this will be a parent escorting a minor.
8. No unnecessary belongings will be allowed in the studio, including food or drink, cell phones, lap tops, etc.. We will have water available if you need a drink during the procedure.
9. We will NOT be doing any oral piercings (tongue, lip) or nostril piercings for now. We will also NOT be doing any neck, chest or face tattoos for now. This is to allow us as much social distancing as possible during the procedure.
10. All artists and body piercers will be wearing additional PPE as the procedure dictates, including but not limited to face masks, face shields, arm sleeves, aprons and gloves.
Again, although these new rules may be a slight inconvenience they are MANDATORY and are a needed precaution in order to ensure the safety of everybody involved. Thank you for your understanding and continued support.